Policies / Disclaimer
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of patient information and to handling your personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act (1988), the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act (2012), the Australian Privacy Principles and relevant State and Territory privacy legislation (Referred to as privacy legislation).
- We collect information that is necessary and relevant to provide you with medical care and treatment, and manage our cosmetic clinic. This information may include your name, address, date of birth, gender, health information, family history, credit card and direct debit details and contact details. This information may be stored on our computer medical records system and/or in handwritten medical records.
- Whenever practicable we will only collect information from you personally. However, we may also need to collect information from other sources such as treating specialists, radiologists, pathologists, hospitals, other health care providers, and the Myhealth record system.
- We collect information in various ways, such as over the phone, or in writing, in person in our clinic, or over the internet if you transact with us online. This information may be collected by medical and non-medical staff.
- In emergency situations we may also need to collect information from your relatives or friends.
- We may be required by law to retain medical records for certain periods of time depending on your age at the time we provide services.
- We will treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will only use or disclose it for purposes directly related to your care and treatment, or in ways that you would reasonably expect that we may use it for your ongoing care and treatment.
- There are circumstances where we may be permitted or required by law to disclose your personal information to third parties. For example, to Medicare, Police, insurers, solicitors, government regulatory bodies, tribunals, courts of law, hospitals, debt collection agents, the electronic transfer of prescription service or to the Myhealth record system. We may also from time to time provide statistical data to third parties for research purposes.
- We may disclose information about you to outside contractors to carry out activities on our behalf such as an IT service provider, solicitor or debt collection agent. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how they handle your personal information. Outside contractors are required not to use information about you are any purpose except for those activities we have asked them to perform.
- We may use your information to contact you for marketing purposes, including to inform you of current offers and services.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. For this purpose our staff may ask you to confirm that your contact details are correct when you attend a consultation. We request that you let us know if any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date.
- Personal information we hold is protected by: 1. Securing our premises; 2. Placing passwords and varying access levels on databases to limit access and protect electronic information from unauthorised interference, access, modification and disclosure; and 3. Providing locked cabinets and rooms for the storage of physical records.
- If you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, we ask that you contact us by email (See details below).
- You are entitled to request access to your medical records. We request that you put your request in email and we will respond to it within a reasonable time.
- There may be a fee for the administrative costs of retrieving and providing you with copies of your medical records.
- We may deny access to your medical records in certain circumstances permitted by law, for example, if disclosure may cause a serious threat to your health or safety. We will always tell you why access is denied and the options you have to respond to our decision.
- If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we request that you contact us by email. Upon receipt of a complaint we will consider the details and attempt to resolve it.
- If you are dissatisfied with our handling of a complain or the outcome you may make an application to the Australian Information Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner in your State or Territory.
- We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient unless we have your consent or we are required to do so by law. Information contained in emails between you and us may be stored on overseas servers. We use Gmail as our email provider. Your provider may have different server locations and data policies beyond our control. Our medical record software stores information on servers located within Australia.
- Please direct any queries, complaints, or requests for access to medical records to: Dr Aaron Stanes via the contact form located on the home page.
- Treatments are not routinely discounted as this is against Australian Consumer law regarding prescription medication and medial equipment.
- Discounts will not be offered for touch-up treatments, or where additional treatment is required because treatment goals have not been met.
- Refunds of 50% of the total amount paid for your consultation (On booking) are offered where sessions are cancelled by you by 6pm the day prior to your appointment. Cancellations must be completed using the contact form on this website. No other refunds will be permitted/provided.
- Thread lifting, non surgical BBL and penis enlargement deposits are non-refundable or transferable.
- Refunds are not given for unachieved expectations or treatment failure, as these constitute inherent risks of any treatment.
- If complications occur, subsequent procedures and treatment may be required. The costs of such procedures and treatment will need to be covered at the patients’ (Your) own expense in full. We take no responsibility and bear no obligation to cover additional foreseen and/or unforeseen expenses related to your treatment with us.
Other Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We do not provide treatment to persons under the age of 18 and we reserve the right to ask for proof of age.
- Timing of procedure to be agreed upon between patient and practitioner.
- All patients (full fee, discounted free, free treatment or otherwise) are required to undertake a medical assessment prior to treatment.
- Patients are required to disclose their current medical history, past medical history, psychological history, past cosmetic history, medication usage and drug allergies as a part of the initial consultation.
- The amount of product (schedule 4 medication or otherwise) administered will be determined solely at the discretion of the prescribing medical practitioner.
- Patients are under no obligation to proceed with treatment after consultation.
- Results may vary for each person.
- Longevity of action and results of treatment may vary between people, and between treatments in the same person. Longevity of a result cannot be predicted or controlled, and cannot be guaranteed.
- Results cannot be guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel your appointment without notice, for any reason. We will not be liable for any costs, or loss incurred, arising from your appointment being cancelled by us, including, but not limited to, travel costs associated with attending your appointment.
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content there of) without notice at any time.
- Once treatment has been administered, refunds, discounts or free treatment cannot be issued.
Informed Consent – Photo and Video Release
- As a requirement of your treatment, Dr Aaron Stanes will collect and process photographs and/or video footage of you before, during and after your cosmetic procedure for the purpose of clinical records. By booking an appointment, you agree in full to such content being produced.
- With your consent, the produced content may be used for the purpose of creating educational, informative and/or promotional material for use by Dr Aaron Stanes and all associated entities. By giving your consent, you agree to release all ownership of all media created during your treatment by the involved practitioners to Dr Aaron Stanes and affiliates for the uses specified above. You understand that to an extent the images used may contain information about your medical history, diagnosis and/or treatment, and are therefore regarded as sensitive data, which by law requires your explicit consent to allow your cosmetic practitioner to use in a public forum. You understand that there will be no financial and/or other remuneration for you, for any use of these images.
- Individual results will vary.
- Results will vary for the same person during different treatments.
- By booking an appointment or sending an enquiry via this website, you imply consent to be contacted via the email you provide, and via SMS or phone call for all purposes relating to your booking, consultation, and treatment.
- We make no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the content and information contained on this website. We do not guarantee that the information will remain up to date, be true and not misleading, or always available.
- No information or content found on this website should be interpreted as professional advice or a recommendation to use products and/or services.
- In no event will we be liable for special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, arising from or in connection with, the use of this website.
- We reserve the right to revise and amend any policy contained on this website at any time, with revisions applicable from the date updated on this website.
- This disclaimer is limited in its warranties in regards to those enforceable and not excludable by law.
- Severed sections of this disclaimer will have no bearing on the interpretation and enforceability of those parts not severed.
- Material on this website is owned by the website owner unless otherwise specified. Prior written consent must be obtained from the website owner before any use of content contained anywhere on this website.